Pages

03 March, 2010

A Random Mishmosh of Eats

Hi readers,

I haven't had time to compile the continuation of my Dallas post, so I thought I'd tide you over with this one. I've been loving my new salad dressing on my kale and fennel salads, so I just had to have another one.



Oooo, ahhh...

And a much closer pic:


Twas delicious.

My go to breakfast in the morning after I work out is this mixture of hemp protein powder and carob. Depending on how much water I put in, the consistency turns out to be like pudding or like cookie dough. I usually add a pinch of stevia for sweetness, but I have tried it without (since carob is naturally sweet) and it tasted a bit like dark chocolate. Yum. It's rather unattractive, but it does taste delicious and does the trick for protein!


I've also been loving bars. I actually bought myself some for a trip that I'll be taking to a conference where I'm presenting a poster. However, they did not last that long. Whoops.

First I tried the Peanut Butter and Jelly Larabar.



I had heard about it, but never tried it, since it has peanuts in it and I didn't like the peanut butter cookie flavor. All it has in it are: dates, peanuts, unsweetened cherries, and salt. It tasted like peanut butter and jelly, but I just wasn't a fan of the peanuts. Not at all. The texture just wasn't right and it was a tad too oily. I probably wouldn't buy it again.

I also had a Pecan Pie Larabar, but the wrapper slipped out of my hands before I could take a picture. ;-)

I've really been wanting to try the Raw Organic Food Bar, so when I spotted them, I snapped one up. Most of the flavors had some form of chocolate in it, and since I gave it up for Lent, I chose the only other flavor, Cinnamon Raisin.



It was a bit oily, but the texture was very nice. Since it has sprouts in it, it gave the bar an almost oatmeal-y texture, so I felt like I was eating an oatmeal raisin cookie. I like how it was all raw: organic cashew butter, organic dates, organic agave nectar, organic brown rice protein, organic biodynamic raisins, organic bio sprouts in quinoa and flax, and organic cinnamon. The only qualm I had was the size. It was tiny! I'd love to try the chocolate flavors next.

So I'm off to my conference, but I'll see you all on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. hemp protein pudding looks something we would love to eat ;) Yum

    Pure2raw Twins

    ReplyDelete