Pages

24 January, 2010

G-g-g-g-ingerbread Men!

So, I had a hankering to make raw gingerbread men, since everyone else seemed to be doing it. I was looking for a cookie recipe with some substance, and ended up modifying this one. I didn't use any of the almonds, instead making pecan butter and adding in chia seeds (I first ground them to a powder in the spice grinder) for thickness. I played around with some spices and ended up with a somewhat oily, but thick, dough. So I put the dough in between some layers of paper towels, put a bowl over it, and then weighed it down to press some of the oil out. It worked like a charm!


Then I rolled the dough out between two sheets of plastic wrap, and attempted to cut them into baby gingerbread men. However, the dough was being stubborn, so I had to resort to making giant gingerbread men. I popped them in the dehydrator for probably 8 or so hours, and the cookies came out chewy and delicious, though a bit too chewy from the chia seeds. But they were a success! I loved to see how the dough turned out; it was almost like real, non-raw cookie dough! Beautiful.





The Three Musketeers


Uh-oh...this guy was a little angry.


Tonight I went out to dinner with my aunt to celebrate my birthday (which is really Tuesday). I had a beautiful poached pear salad with walnuts, mixed spring greens, and mandarin oranges. I skipped out on the bleu cheese and had the Thai vinaigrette on the side. Delicious! I would have taken a picture, but the lighting was horrible. Yum, yum, yum. I want to eat that salad again! I would have had some of the vegetable du jour, but it was green beans, and I get kind of picky about how they cook them. Most of the time they're either limp or too oily. So I took a pass. I'd much rather have broccoli instead, haha.


Have a good night and start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm a little late posting on this one but those G-Men are great! I love the face!!

    ReplyDelete