Pages

03 December, 2009

Mint Banana Ice Cream?

I have good news and bad news.

First off, the bad news: I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving food, which consisted of baked sweet potatoes, baked acorn squash, a relish tray, raw cranberry sauce, and applesauce. It was delicious.

Now for the second piece of bad news: I won't be posting any more dessert recipes for a couple of weeks, as I am trying to clear out my system from excess sugar. I'm not sure how interesting I can make veggies and nuts, but I'll try!

And now for the good news: I have one more dessert recipe that I hadn't posted! With the last of my frozen naners, I decided to see how it would taste if I put my Amazing Grass superfoods in it. I threw a scoopful into the whipped bananas (no sweetener),


and it turned a disgusting lovely shade of green. I took a bite and...




Surprisingly, it tasted just like mint chip ice cream! I was amazed. The next time I'll add some cacao nibs or carob to make it really taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream; yum!

Stay tuned tomorrow for my improvisation of a lunch...

P.S. Be sure to enter Katie's fantastic giveaway for coconut oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment