Pages

22 November, 2009

Race Day

I did the Turkey Trot 5k on campus here today. The weather was perfect: sunny, but cloudy, not too warm, and thankfully, NOT raining. I rested up last night and wanted some quality fuel for the race, so I decided on some chia pudding with banana.



 If that's not a powerhouse, I don't know what is! I figured I needed all the help I could get, since I haven't run in two weeks, and even then it was barely jogging. I didn't have any almond milk, so I just used water, but it still turned out pretty tasty. I'll post the recipe below.


I finished in 24:21...definitely not my best time, considering in high school I could run 22:00. I'm sure if I really trained I could get there again, haha. After the race I was going to grab the proverbial banana and bottled water, but they only had pizza and Gatorade. So I stuck around for the prizes (sadly I didn't win) and then went to get a salad. When I got back to my room and started on some research, I sat down with some straight-up chai tea (no milk or sweetener), an orange, an apple, and some coconut.


So now I'm being productive; yay!


Banana Chia Breakfast Pudding


Serves 1
Ingredients:


1 small banana
1/4 cup raw chia seeds
2 TBL of water (more or less to your liking)
1/8 tsp. stevia or other sweetener


1. Mix chia seeds, water, and sweetener together. Add half the banana and mush up till the banana is mostly incorporated.
2. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
3. Take mixture out of fridge and add remaining half banana, mushing it up slightly so it incorporates but still is chunky.
4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment