Pages

02 October, 2009

Chia Puddings and Other Musings...



The chia pudding I made, but more about that later...


Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been insanely busy! I've realized that I should probably post more about how I eat everyday...and just to randomly throw it out there, I'm thinking about doing a fast.


I try to eat one meal a day at the dining hall, and then the other two meals in my room. At the dining hall I nearly always get a large spinach salad, and I put various salads on top. For instance, they have a cucumber, tomato, and onion salad that is pretty tasty, and lately they've been having mango salsa. It's not the best quality, and I'm sure that the dressing they use has some questionable ingredients, but when it's all you've got, you have to make do. After the salad I have a BIG bowl of freshly cut fruit: honeydew and cantaloupe, and sometimes pineapple or strawberries. 


Like I said before, I've been eating too many nuts. However, I have not had any today...yay! But I did have seven dates...oops. Thus I think a fast would be beneficial.


One of the easiest "recipes" to make in college is chia pudding. All you need is almond milk (you can buy it at the store in cartons), chia seeds, and agave. It's delicious, plus chia seeds are super good for you. I usually make a large batch and keep it in the fridge for snacking throughout the day.


Chia Pudding


Ingredients:


Ratio of 1 part chia seeds to 2-3 parts almond milk, depending on how thick you'd like it
2 teaspoons raw agave 
optional: 1 tablespoon cacao nibs


Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment