Pages

12 September, 2009

Green Smoothie

Being a raw (practically) vegan, it's a little hard getting enough protein in without eating tons and tons of nuts. So I bought this protein powder made from plant protein (with chia seeds!) with some Superfoods mixed in, and I'm using it to make this wonderful green smoothie. Unfortunately, the protein powder has sugar in it, but a minimal amount. Really, the benefits outweigh the cons of having the sugar.

With the help of my trusty Magic Bullet, I blend up this super tasty smoothie, which can be thicker or thinner depending on how much water I put in!

The Mean Green Protein Machine

Makes: 1 green smoothie

1 small/medium banana
2 scoops protein powder of your choice (as I mentioned, I use the plant-based version)
2 tablespoons SuperFoods ( I use Dr. Schulze's)
1 teaspoon Vitamin C
1/3-1/2 cup water

Blend all ingredients together for about 20 seconds in the Magic Bullet. For a sweeter smoothie, add raw agave or use very ripe bananas. For a thicker smoothie, use a little less than 1/3 cup water. For a thinner smoothie, add 1/2+ cups of water.

I drink this everyday, usually as lunch, but sometimes as dinner, if I can't get to the dining hall. It's the next best thing to a spinach salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment