Pages

07 April, 2010

Clean Eats, Day One...

So, today was a pretty successful clean eats day. The only "non-clean" thing I ate was some espresso chip ice cream. But how could I not? They rarely have that flavor at the dining hall and it wasn't like I pigged out on it, haha.

Breakfast: My usual hemp powder/carob pudding/cookie dough/whatever. 

It's kind of an acquired taste, but I think I've acquired it.

Lunch: It was a different story today. I go straight from 10:10-5:00 on Wednesdays, leaving me little time for a proper meal. So I ended up eating a banana between class and my tutoring job, some grapes grabbed between tutoring and another class, and a Cinnamon Roll Larabar, another banana, and my last squares of chocolate from Easter.

I always choose the heaviest container of grapes so I can get more for my money... ;-)

This was supposed to be Cranberry-Almond, but I really wasn't getting any cranberry or almond flavor. It tasted mostly like dark chocolate, with the extremely occasional piece of almond or cranberry. I don't think I'd get it again. I'll stick with my mint chocolate.

What's this?

The chunky Larabar I like! It's always a nice surprise to have a whole raisin or nearly whole almond peak out in the bar. It pretty much tastes like a cinnamon roll too; all sugary and soft.


Dinner: I have meetings and such from 6:00-8:00, so I usually don't eat until after then. Boy, was I hungry. I had a lovely salad with sunflower seeds, cranberries, chickpeas, and hummus, with a side of broccoli and fruit salad. Then came the espresso chip. I kind of didn't even want it, but it was more the principle of the thing. I probably would have preferred dates instead, but that is one thing the dining hall doesn't carry, haha.

I'm not really finding the motivation to study and do homework at the moment, but I've spent far too long on blogs tonight, haha.

I'm thinking that my posts need some spice in them...any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Your breakfast looks like something I would love!!
    Pure2raw twins

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA

    "i think it's an acquired taste, but I think i've acquired it"

    jokes. and about your posts, you're in college, so talk about how you overcome the obstacle of balancing your healthy diet and school. Do you workout? you should post some of that progress as well.

    Either way, i love your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always pick the heaviest container of fruit as well :) I love finding big chunks in my Larabars, it makes them so much better!! Hope you're having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that your eats are looking clean and good! and cheap produce..all the way...you have to look for deals otherwise I'd go broke :)

    ReplyDelete