Delicious, isn't it? I used a modified recipe from this one, with more almond pulp and some walnuts instead of the cashews and oats, and I used half of the coconut shreds called for. After dehydrating the base, I wished I'd made the cookies a bit thicker, as they were very fragile! But I was in a hurry to get them done before Christmas Eve, when my family usually partakes of the cookies for dessert.
I put all the filling into a plastic bag and piped it onto the cookies, instead of spreading it, when probably would have been a nightmare with those fragile cookies! I ground up some cacao and added it to the VitaMix with some maple syrup (not raw), coconut oil, and a few dates to make the chocolate syrup. I put this into another plastic bag and piped on the stripes of frosting. Yum.
They were a little messy, but for my first try, I thought they were terrific!
Stay tuned for my other Christmas cookies and my failed attempts at making a non-nut based pudding... ;-)