Pages

17 October, 2009

Christmas in October?

Sorry for not posting...I have been very busy and also a little lazy!


Yesterday I tried a mini-juice fast (partially because my friends were going out for a pizza buffet...yuck!). I was pretty good, but I don't really feel any different. This morning I attempted to make myself a protein shake with half a banana, hemp protein powder, some superfoods, and a little carob. Thinking that it was going to taste amazingly carob-y, I took a big swig and grimaced. Not good AT ALL. So I added a little stevia and forced down the rest. I'm still on the look-out for a good carob smoothie that doesn't use coconut.


So, lately I've been thinking about making raw caramel apples, since it's now fall and (unfortunately) around 45 degrees here...boo. And it's nearly Halloween! Hopefully later on today I'll be able to make some raw treats to share.


Oh, and the other day I got a little package from my loving mother with some kale chips that she dehydrated. When I got them, they weren't all that crispy, but still very tasty. If you haven't tried them, you should! As you can see, I've eaten most of them...





Also in the package were these...



Any guesses? They're raw oatmeal cookies made with sprouted oats. They are soft and chewy, with a good, but interesting, flavor. I think some raisins would add more pizzazz to the cookies.


Finally, she made some raw granola with nuts, dates, raw honey, and cinnamon. It's addicting!



Then, this past weekend I saw my aunt, who gave me some raw pickles she made, along with some of her applesauce (not raw, but insanely delicious!). She's so sweet.



And finally, the moment I've been waiting for...


I went to the grocery store and bought what I've been craving...




Chocolate-covered raisins, you say? But they're not raw!


Nope. These are far better than chocolate-covered raisins. I found them in the organic bulk foods section of the local grocery store and I've fallen in love with them ever since. They're carob-covered raisins, unsweetened! Yay! I am telling you, they are the most delicious thing ever (but not better than dried figs, haha). I have to portion control them or else I would eat the whole bag. If you haven't already tried these, you should!


Last week was almost like Christmas for me; all this new raw food! It makes the whole "living-in-food-desolation-with-the-campus-cafeteria" thing much more palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment